If you came here from a social media referral, thank you.
If you came here because you’re one of my close friends, thank you.
If you came here because you’re my mom, thank you.
But I’m sure, by now, you’re wondering… What the heck is this?
Allie Kay Tee Is…
A blog devoted to 20-somethings with big dreams and small budgets. A friendly community of explorers, thinkers, and doers. A place where anyone can shoot the shit in the comments section. A spot where you’ll be encouraged to speak your mind and share your opinions on key issues of the day.
I originally wanted to focus on journalism and marketing and how they can work in harmony, as I’m very passionate about both of these fields. After months of thinking, however, I realized that I’d be doing myself a disservice if I limited myself to these topics. Sure, journalism and marketing are great, but what if I wanted to dish out some a cappella leadership tips? What if I wanted to write about my trips to New York City or Sweden? Would I really have to start a separate “a cappella” blog and a separate “travel” blog?
I’m a 20-something with loads of ambitions – I even created a “Life Possibilities” worksheet that I’ll detail in a later post – and I’m tired of people telling me to be good at one thing, to follow one niche. As Amy Poehler says, “Good for you, not for me.” I have big dreams. And, coincidentally, a small budget.
So I’ll be exploring post-grad life and sharing my findings along the way. That’s what Allie Kay Tee is. If you really want to know more, check out my About page.
OK, But Who Are You?
Valid question. I’m Allie, I’m fresh out of college, and I’m currently navigating after-college life. I often need to get my bearings. I have no idea whether I’m an introvert or an extrovert, and I think my personality changes every day. I like to read and do yoga and watch TV and cook and drag my friends to trivia and drink wine and post pictures of food to Instagram.
I started a blog when I was in high school, so I’m just going to shamelessly steal from myself for more information:
- I’m a Libra, which basically just means I’m awesome. And maybe a bit of a narcissist.
- I’m a classically trained mezzo-soprano. I loved my college a cappella group The Blend, and currently sing in the Boston group The Pow Arrangers. By the way, a cappella is two “P’s”, two “L’s,” and two words, everyone.
- I’m a humongous Harry Potter geek. It’s a vocation.
- Most of my dreams involve writing: I want to write about entertainment for a living, I want to write a book, I want to write your life story.
- I’m a feminist. Equality is so important to me. I’m a Libra, remember? So I’ll probably start some conversations about what it means to you to be a feminist, and we can share our ideas on equality.
- I love to make new friends, so if you leave a comment now, I’ll follow you on Twitter and send you a personalized email with a goodie attached, and we’ll have an awesome conversation and eventually become business and life partners. Too much?
Contact me if you want to know more. I’d love to hear from you!
What’s In It For Me?
How about an awesome community? Some frugal tips on living and loving your life after college? The secret formula to happiness that I just calculated? (Patent pending.)
Really, though, here are some blogs I might publish in the near future that could interest you:
- The Top 5 Travel Apps to Use Before Booking Your Trip
- Now That’s What I Call Music: How ’90s Grunge is Making a Comeback
- When Marketing Becomes Supernatural
- The Power of Emphasis: Copywriting Like a Boss
- Nonfiction Storytelling: Not As Boring As It Sounds
How Can I Get Involved?
Finally, I’m glad you asked! You can leave a comment on this post right now and I’ll get back to you right away, as I’m basically spending all day refreshing this page.
Or you can sign up for my newsletter, where you can get blog posts instantly to your inbox. You’ll also be privy to new announcements about the blog and some special prizes just for subscribers. Just put your email in where it says “Subscribe to my newsletter” in the right sidebar!
You can also email me with your ideas for the blog, your proposal for a guest blog, or just to say hi.
Let’s get this party started!